Evaluating processes of cardiac remodeling in the development of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
V.S. Shemenkova, N.A. Shostak, A.A. Klimenko, A.A. Bogdanova, D.P. Kotova
1 Russian National Research Medical University named after N.I. Pirogov, Moscow
2 Clinical Hospital № 1 named after N.I. Pirogov, Moscow
The aim. To evaluate the processes of remodeling of the right and left heart in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH). Material and methods. The study included 30 patients who underwent in-patient examination and treatment at the State Clinical Hospital №1 named after N.I. Pirogov, Moscow, to confirm the diagnosis of CTEPH and the selection of drug therapy. For all patients, one expert performed an echocardiographic (EchoCG) study to evaluate the parameters of the right and left parts of the heart. Results. Statistically significant correlations between the severity of СTEPH flow and the structural and functional parameters of the right and left parts of the heart were obtained. Conclusions. The evaluation of structural and functional echocardiographic parameters of cardiac remodeling in patients with CTEPH was performed. Correlation links between severity of the disease course and echocardiographic data are revealed, which allows a simple, non-invasive method to conduct dynamic observation of patients and to identify prognostically unfavorable factors of СTEPH course.
- Клинические рекомендации по диагностике и лечению хронической тромбоэмболической легочной гипертензии. Евразийский кардиологический журнал. 2016;2:7-27. [Clinical recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Eurasian cardiologic journal 2016;2:7-27.]
- Riedel M., Stanek V., Widimsky J. et al. Long-term follow-up of patients with pulmonary thromboembolism. Late prognosis and evolution of hemodynamic and respiratory data. Chest 1982;81:151-8.
- ESC/ERS Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension, 2015 http://www.scardio.ru/content/ Guidelines/ESC%20_L_hypert_2015.pdf (In Russ.) [Рекомендации ESC/ERS по диагностике и лечению легочной гипертензии, 2015 г. http://www.scardio.ru/content/ Guidelines/ESC%20_L_hypert_2015.pdf].
- Gopalan D., Blanchard D., Auger W. Diagnostic evaluation of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2016;13:222-39.
- Kasai H., Matsumura A., Suqiura T. et al. Mean pulmonary artery pressure using echocardiography in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Circ J. 2016;80(5):1259-64.
- Boilson B.A., Pislaru S.V., McGregor C.G. Accuracy of echocardiographic assessment of pulmonary hypertension severity and right ventricular dysfunction in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2012;60(3):257-65.
- Gruning E., Tiede H., Enyimayew E.O. et al. Assessment and prognostic relevance of right ventricular contractile reserve in patients with severe pulmonary hypertension. Circulation. 2013;128(18):2005-15.
- Grapsa J., Pereira Nunes M.C., Tan T.C. et al. Echocardiographic and hemodynamic predictors of survival in precapillary pulmonary hypertension: seven-year follow-up. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015;8(6):43-54.
- Ernande L., Cottin V., Leroux P.Y. et al. Right isovolumic contraction velocity predicts survival in pulmonary hypertension. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2013;26(3):297-306.
About the Autors
Victoria S. Shemenkova, PhD candidate of the acad. A.I. Nesterov Chair of Intermediate Level Therapy of N.I.Pirogov RNRMU; therapist of N.I. Pirogov City Clinical Hospital № 1. N.I. Pirogov RNRMU Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education of the Ministry of Healthcare of Russia. Address: Russia, 117997, 1 Ostrovityanova Str. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nadezhda A. Shostak, MD., professor, head of the acad. A.I. Nesterov Chair of Intermediate Level Therapy of N.I. Pirogov RNRMU. Address: Russia, 117997, 1 Ostrovityanova Str. E-mail: email@example.com
Alesya A. Klimenko, PhD., associate professor of the acad. A.I. Nesterov Chair of Intermediate Level Therapy of
N.I. Pirogov RNRMU. Address: Russia, 117997, 1 Ostrovityanova Str. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aleksandra A. Bogdanova, PhD, head of the Department of functional diagnostics of N.I. Pirogov City Clinical Hospital № 1 of the department of health of Moscow. Address: Russia, 117049, Moscow, 8 Leninsky prospect Str. E-mail: email@example.com
Darja P. Kotova, PhD., head of the Department of therapy of N.I. Pirogov City Clinical Hospital № 1, associate professor of acad. A.I. Nesterov Chair of Intermediate Level Therapy of N.I. Pirogov RNRMU of the Ministry of Healthcare of Russia. Address: Russia, 117997, 1 Ostrovityanova Str. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org